Transforming Education for the 21st Century

Helping educators innovate, communicate, collaborate and create.

How have you or how might you use your DOE School website?

Tags: CMS

Views: 73

Replies to This Discussion

I'd like to showcase our school with an identifiable web site rather than the boiler plate one offered by the DOE.
To keep information about the school current and up to date
CMS can be used to keep the public better informed about the schools activities and events, and to highlight the schools programs.
I will use the DOE School website as a portal for parents and staff that would like view information about our school. Also, keeping the DOE site updated to reflect what we are doing in the school.
It is a major way to keep parents involved with their children's activities. It is also a way to stay in touch with the 21st century and help students, parents and teachers alike stay current with the flow of information in today's digital age.
The only way I have used the DOE school website is from people visiting the site, and trying to contact the school and then I get the email. My principal would like it to showcase our school more frequently.
Since this is what "outsiders" see when they search the DOE site, we want to keep the information on our DOE School website updated and current.
I have used it to add a photo of my school, and to add a link to my school's website www.ps19.us. I would like to add much more to the CMS site because this is where most people find information first.
Comment by CIdalia M Costa 5 minutes ago Delete Comment I would like to learn how to post videos on our school website? Can movies be uploaded directly using the CMS or is it easier to upload to a site like youtube then emberd in the schools website, by copying and pasting a link?

Please check our schools website out here:
http://schools.nyc.gov/SchoolPortals/02/M111/default.htm
Comment by Nereida Santiago-England just now Delete Comment It would be a great way to have school updates and childrens up coming events posted on the school web.
It will also be helpful to be able to readily have access to not only update a web page but become familiar and more accostumed to using a web page.
To provide information for students and parents.
I would like to learn more about cms so that I can update our DOE site and make it more dynamic.

RSS

Your Hosts

TED21C "hosts" are here to help with any questions you might have about the network. Please feel free to contact them directly from their linked profile pages:

Beth Richards

Carolyn Semet

Conferences & Webinars

->Visit The EdTech Conference Guide for a listing of upcoming conferences.

->Visit Classroom 2.0 Live for live web events.
->Visit Tech & Learning Webinars for a listing of upcoming events.

Funding Opportunities

Looking for funding for your innovative school or classroom project? Here are some sites to visit with grant funding information.

Grant opportunities on the NYC DOE website (note: accessed only from an NYC DOE connected computer)

eSchool News Funding Resources

DonorsChoose.Org Giving Page

Grants.gov is your source to FIND and APPLY for federal government grants.

Grants Alert

We Are Teachers

Middle School Success Awards for STEM
5K annually for 3 years

Useful grant writing tips.
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Follow Us on Twitter!

Videos

• Add Videos

Photos